Monday, December 12, 2011

Photography Comparisons

Oh my gosh, where has the time gone? Between buying presents, wrapping said presents, baking, cleaning, jewelry-making, inventorying (see previous post, and no, I'm still not done, grrr), and general it's-running-down-to-Christmas-oh-my-gosh-I'm-not-ready-yet the time has just flown by, and I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog post!
I have a question. I've noticed that, since switching to a neutral background, my sales have dropped. Like, a lot. I realize the economy is in the hole (to put it politely), but I have a sneaking suspicion that my photos are part of the problem (with my sales, not with the economy). So I have decided to let YOU tell me which you prefer. I've been going through many jewelry catalogues and seeing how they do their photography, and though I love the look of a white background (which many top jewelry stores, like Tiffany and Birk's, use), I am not sure if it really suits my style of jewelry-making.
So, without further adieu, I give you a bracelet, done on a plain neutral-white background, and then the same bracelet done with some photo styling, color matching and fabrics to create a different feel.
The question is, what do you think? Which do you prefer, and why? Which one makes you want to buy the bracelet more, and why?
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your feedback.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I think a combination of shots would be good. So use maybe the top right as your main photo to catch attention, but also have a neutral photo. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruthie, it makes perfect sense and I'll keep be sure to keep your suggestion in mind. Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both are pretty because the bracelet is pretty but the one where the bracelet is laying on a background is better. The colors stand out better against something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Shamonie, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin