Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Update: A Great Time for All!

We got up to the track at about 1:30, which was much later than we had hoped. We had been cutting down trees the night before and were a little slow getting up. Then I kept forgetting things, like food, or water, or to charge my camera battery, so it was a slow start! We did, however, get there in time to see my dad win his second race, but lose his third. He didn't win the day, but it was great just to be up there with him. It was just my dad, Brennan and myself, so it was a small but happy group that kept a wary eye on the very dark clouds that kept rolling towards us. We were actually sort of fortunate that my dad went out when he did, as it gave us all time to pack up and be ready to take some photos of the jet car:Yes, it really does have a jet engine in it and yes, it is very fast and VERY loud, lol. It is always a treat to see them, however, and I'm glad my camera battery didn't die this time! The jet car had finished its run and we were just about to leave when I turned around behind the track and caught some really great rain and cloud photos on the Gatineau hills behind the racetrack:
As we were leaving (and heading right towards the rain) the rain got to heavy that you couldn't even see the Gatineau Hills!
We went back to my parents for some great shish-kabobs (they had beef and veggie, I had veggie) with lentil rice for me (plain rice for them) and local asparagus, YUM!
I made my dad a special card using Publisher that had his race car in it (I should have taken photos, the card turned out really well), and I got him the DVD "Horton Hears a Who" because he and my mom really like animated movies (and this one is just so cute!).
It was a great day, we all had fun, and I got home to realize that the two hours at the track had given me one Heck of a sunburn (woops, forgot that clouds and sun can burn!), but it was worth it.
I hope you had a great Father's Day too!
Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a post on my new Elizabeth 1 Bracelet, you won't want to miss it!!

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Sounds like you had a fab day! The meal after sounds yummy too. I love asparagus!
    btw, I have an award for you :) Do check my blog and pick it up whenever you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that your dad races cars! Sounds like a wonderful day - even with the rain (great photo of that, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your dad for winning his second race! Looks like a great way to spend Father's Day and the meal sounded yummy too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin