Tuesday, March 3, 2009

5/5 Meme on Tuesday - Woo What Fun!


Ok, so here goes: The fifth file in my fifth folder is this: This is a drawing I did a few years ago (not really a photo, but it is an image nonetheless) with Celtic knots upon Celtic knots. I used watercolor pencils in primary colors so that everything would stand out. I wrote "Siochan Leat" in the center in gold ink, which means "Peace Be With You" in Gaelic, and I also outlined the red knotwork in gold pen, though it doesn't show well in this photo.
I wanted to list it for sale on my Etsy store, but I don't have a clue as to how much I should charge for it. It is about the size of a regular piece of paper with the white border and signature, done on heavy drawing paper.
I hope you like it!
Here's how to play:
The rules are:
1. Open a file folder (note from me - I think this can be any folder with image files. If not, Mishkat just changed the rules...)
2. Click on the fifth folder.
3. Click on the fifth photo.
4. Post the photo and describe it.
5. Tag five other bloggers for the Meme.
Here's who I'm tagging:
BeadedTail
Fireseed
The Fantail
The Mare's Tales
Friends FurEver
WOO That was fun! Can't wait to see all of yours!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that was fast! And that's a beautiful image - the knotwork is so well done, and I love the colors.

    I'm no help with pricing - although I do technical illustration for work, I don't sell artwork that I make for enjoyment (it's a long story, and of course, I completely support other artists!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well, now I am intrigued and I want to see more of your art!! Come on...you know you want to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny that you tagged me at about the same time I was posting from a similar tag.
    They sure get around fast don't they!
    Love the celtic knotwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have taken a long time to do Meghann, I'm always intrigued by Celtic knot images ;o) I'll go and find a folder....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an incredible drawing Meghann! It's wonderful! Thanks for thinking of me and passing the 5/5 photo memo on. I just did a 6x6 one so I'll have to see what my 5x5 one is!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin