Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday: A Hubby Who Shovels!


So we had snow last night. Lots of snow. The end of our driveway (first picture) currently has about two feet of snow from the plows, the furnace guy rescheduled for tomorrow as the weather has put him behind, the deck and bird feeders have a TON of snow (second picture) and I can't even think about going down the path to the compost bin.....That is I couldn't until Brennan got out of bed (he decided to stay home as the roads were too treacherous) and agreed so very nicely to shovel! How thankful I am for that! He didn't do the end of the driveway as we have our neighbor plow it (thank goodness), but he shoveled the whole back upstairs deck, the stairs and even the path to the compost bin for me (third picture)! It is such a blessing that he did this for me, as when I shovel, I get so cold and sore so quickly that I end up stuck in bed for a week. Thank you Brennan!!

As a reward, I made hot chocolate and it was so yummy and delicious (and filling!) that I took a (rather bad) photo of it (fourth picture). Brennan loved it, despite it being gluten and dairy free. I have to share the recipe as it is DELICIOUS!!

Meghann's Super Rich and Delicious Gluten and Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
3 heaping tablespoons of Organic, Fair Trade Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (I use Cocoa Camino)
3 scant tablespoons of Organic Sucanat (or white sugar)
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup water
2 Cups Organic Rice Drink

Whisk all ingredients in a small pan and heat until hot, but not boiling, whisking constantly.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That sure is a lot of snow! What a nice reward for his hard work - that hot chocolate looks perfect for warming up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of him! I usually shovel snow around here (my husband does the dishes though - it's fair!) That hot chocolate looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin